Osteopathy is a well established and recognized system of diagnosing, treating and preventing musculoskeletal disorders, that is, pain and/or dysfunction arising in the muscles, joints, nerves, ligaments and tendons.
Although osteopaths are well known for treating back problems, we also treat a wide range of musculoskeletal complaints as you can see from the long list on the home page. And this is by no means exhaustive!
Here are some of the early benefits that those having treatment often experience…
- Reduction in pain or discomfort.
- Greater ease and freedom of movement.
- A progressive return to normal daily activities.
- The confidence and peace of mind that comes from knowing what the problem is and how best to help it.
- Improved sleep due to increased comfort levels.
- Improved mood! (Pain especially if severe or prolonged can be a source of ongoing frustration and distress that affects both the quality of our life and our relationship with others).
- Self empowerment! Understanding the likely causative factors behind ones injury and what remedial actions one can take to help oneself both immediately and in the future.